GS Yuasa Corporation, the parent company of GS Yuasa Battery Europe, has announced that it will establish a new manufacturing subsidiary company, GS Yuasa Hungary Ltd. It will also construct a new manufacturing plant for lithium-ion batteries in Miskolc, Hungary.
Lithium-ion batteries will be assembled in the new plant with lithium-ion cells made in Japan. These batteries will be used for SLI (Starting, Lighting, and Ignition) applications which are expected to be expanded in the European market. GS Yuasa will also consider manufacturing lithium-ion cells in this plant in future.
GS Yuasa will continue to respond to the market environment change in its extensive technologies.
Profile of GS Yuasa Hungary Ltd
1. Company name: GS Yuasa Hungary Ltd.
2. Location: Miskolc, Hungary
3. Establishment: October, 2017
4. Capital: 3.5 million euro (about 455.0 million yen)
5. Investors: GS Yuasa International Ltd. 100%
6. Business: Development and manufacture of lithium-ion batteries
7. Land size: 140,000 m2
8. Annual production capacity: 500,000 batteries
For more information on GS Yuasa Battery Europe Ltd visit www.gs-yuasa.com