In these unprecedented times, we remain committed to the health and safety of our employees and our customers. We have been working tirelessly to keep up to date with Government updates and information and have been reviewing and changing processes and procedures to ensure safety.
We are closely monitoring the official advice given by both the World Health Organisation and the guidelines from Public Health England and we are taking robust measures to ensure that the wellbeing of our customers and employees is of paramount importance during the global outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19). We are vigilant in ensuring all our employees have been fully briefed and are constantly updated on the ongoing situation and we take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene across the business at all times.
We have implemented a series of preventative health measures to ensure the safety of our employees, visitors and customers.
Following a full risk assessment, we have put in place the following:
• We adjusted our practices to allow social distancing staying 2 metres (6ft) away from any other person. Including extra shift patterns and breaks. We created additional break areas to increase available space.
• Employee communication has been increased bringing awareness to mandatory hygiene processes. Washing hands more often and for at least 20 seconds, disposing of contaminated tissues correctly.
• Sanitising stations are located at various locations around our sites including all high traffic areas.
• Additional cleaning routines to disinfect high use areas such as the kitchen, toilets, door handles, handrails, photocopier and other frequently touched areas. We are also requesting employees to clean and disinfect their workstations and equipment such as forklift trucks, buttons, keys.
• We purchased and distributed PPE for employees.
• Collection and delivery drivers have sanitiser and cleaning facilities available outside of the building to reduce risk.
• We have stopped visitors to site where possible, where not possible we have processes in place to ensure the safety of employees and visitors and track accordingly.
• Homeworking is in place for roles which this is feasible such as office workers, and support has been given to settle them in to this new way of working.
• Reviewed and implemented changes to maximum numbers in offices and break areas, including extending the smoking area to allow safe social distancing.
• Awareness communication on social distancing and COVID-19 symptoms communication have been displayed in all sites.
• Extra communication and support have been put in place for the mental health of all staff and support and flexibility for those affected by school closures.
• We request open communication on symptoms or exposure to Covid-19 and urge all employees to stay home if they have been exposed or are showing symptoms. Clear guidance on isolation policy and safe return to work guidelines are in place and we are supporting employees needing time off.
• We continue to have regular meetings and reviews of Covid-19 issues and safety.
Service & Support
If you would like any further details, please contact us on + 44 (0) 1793 833555