Yuasa.co.uk is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website; you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should occasionally check this page to ensure that you accept any changes. This policy is effective from 25 May 2018.
What we collect
• Contact information including email address
• Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular, for the following reasons:
(1) Internal record keeping
(2) We may use the information to improve our products and services
(3) We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address you have provided
(4) From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
(5) We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
If you wish to obtain the information we hold on you please contact our customer service team on 01793 833555 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are currently subscribed to our mailing list you can opt out at anytime by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of all our e-mailers. Alternatively, you can request to be removed from our mailing list by contacting customer services on 01793 833555 or by emailing email@example.com . If you do wish to opt out of our mailing list, you will be removed and all personal information will be deleted immediately.
All competition entry forms will detail how personal information provided will be used. No information will be kept for longer than is necessary to facilitate the prize draw. We will only ever add your information to our GS Yuasa mailing lists if you specifically opt in.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are also hugely beneficial for website owners and can help with marketing, advertising and generating statistics, all of which help us build a better online experience.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Here is a brief description of what Cookies are functional on yuasa.co.uk and what they do.
• Traffic Log Cookies – are used to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
• Session Cookies – could be used to remember details about your visit to yuasa.co.uk. An example of the sort of information the Cookie will gather would be what products have viewed.
Disabling these Cookies will result in some loss of functionality during your visit. More information on these types of Cookies can be at www.allaboutcookies.org
Third party cookies on yuasa.co.uk
• Google Analytics – We use Google Analytics to help us monitor how our website is being used so that we can continuously improve the online experience for our customers. To read all about Google Analytics privacy polices visit the Google website
• Email Tracking – Some of our marketing and newsletter emails contain tracking. We do this to track how much traffic these emails generate and what content and offers are attractive to our customers
• Social Buttons – On many of the pages on our website you will find Social Buttons. These allow users to bookmark or share pages via Social Platforms on the internet. We use Facebook and Twitter.
In order to implement these buttons on our website, our programmers have to implement scripts from these websites. Because of this, it is possible that these external websites are collecting data about what you are doing on the web, not just at yuasa.co.uk. We recommend visiting the individual websites of the companies listed above to view their policies.
Links to other websites – yuasa.co.uk may sometimes contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How to control cookies
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
(1) Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
(2) If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please let us know as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.